In the land of Down Under, our Christmas has its own distinct twist on the following:
- Seasons: Our Christmas is during Summer as opposed to Winter. This means you’ll most likely catch us spending Christmas outdoors – usually camping, at the beach and/or playing backyard cricket.
- Clothing: You won’t see any Aussies wearing ugly Christmas sweaters. Instead we’ll be rocking singlets and board shorts (with the occasional ugly Christmas rashie and dash of mozzie repellant).
- Santa’s transportation: Santa will be trading in his reindeers for kangaroos during his delivery rounds.
- Fruit: We’ll be swapping clementines for fresh cherries.
- Cake: Instead of the traditional chocolate cake with white frosting, we’ll be indulging on Christmas pavlova.
- Pets: No matching Christmas sweaters here! They’ll be sporting a tinsel collar instead.
- Meal: Forget the big Christmas dinner…we have the big Christmas lunch!
- Decorations: While you’ll still see holly green and Christmas trees here, we’ll also throw in a bit of Aussie flair by incorporating our some native wildflowers and bush.
- Drinks: On Christmas Eve, we’ll be swapping the eggnog for an icy cold beer.